Lemony Kale Pasta
Do you know how I feel about waste and throwing out food?
Hate it. Truly bums me out. And you can imagine my dilemma when I looked in our fridge and saw limp, lifeless, smashed kale. It was so sad and broken. But I figured there had to be a way to revive it. So to the internet I went! And I found this blog post! Jess had a similar image when she peered into her fridge~ sad and forgotten kale.
I figured her rescue looked pretty successful, so I gave it a go with a little twist. And OH MY GOODNESS!!! This dish was amazing!! Simple, nourishing, and tasty!
- Organic brown rice Fusilli Pasta
- 2 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 bunches kale, finely chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
- When the pasta is almost done, heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Saute the shallot in the oil for 1-2 min (don't let it burn).
- Saute the garlic with the shallot for 1 min.
- Add the kale and cook, tossing in the pan so it gets cooked evenly (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add your lemon zest and juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add drained pasta and stir to combine.
- And... EAT! 🙂
To make this Grain-Free, this would be delicious over butternut squash or a bed of pan-fried great northern beans... Mmmm adding that to our weekly menu NOW!